If you're looking for an agent, choose wisely because not all agents are created equally...

Posted on 10 November 2015.

Most agents have a website but not all are actually using it to the full benefit of their clients. At Neil Mason Associates, our website is being used as an active tool to match sellers with buyers, tenants with landlords, investors with properties and developers with opportunities.

And what’s more, we can prove it:

  • 73,000 views of our Rightmove properties over the last 6 months
  • 5,000 users of our own website
  • 28,000 pageviews in the last six months – that’s over 4,500 per month.

What technology gives us is the ability to provide a better, more efficient and more cost effective service to our clients. The more effort we put into our online presence, the quicker we are making the process of selling and letting which can only be good news for our clients.

For example, we know that 20% of visitors to our website are accessing it via a mobile device such as a phone or a tablet. By making sure that the site is optimised to be viewed on a smaller screen, we now get calls from customers who are sitting in their car outside a property. The marketing board grabbed their attention in the first place, they have gone onto our website there and then for more details and have rung to make an appointment to view. That’s a combination of the tried and tested marketing board working with technology to produce the best experience for the customer.

Again, there are over 900 names on our mailing list, split by interest, tenure and type of property, so each property we take on can be emailed out to a targeted list of people who are actively looking for available properties. We can monitor how effective each mailing is and use that information to feed back into the overall campaign. By optimising each page of the site, we’re working hard to make sure our properties are visible to Google, the main way of anyone finding out anything today! Using Twitter, we can immediately inform our followers that we have new properties available.

And it’s not just UK visitors who are using the site. 60% of our traffic comes from the UK but the other 40% is from countries where buyers are regularly looking to invest in the UK property market.

We have spent a lot of time on our website recently but this is very definitely unfinished business as far as we are concerned – there is more we can do which will give users the ability to make informed decisions about a property almost before they have even left their desk!

 

Looking for Commercial Property?

Search

Call 01604 799010