We are currently looking for two talented individuals, a Commercial Agency Surveyor and a Building Surveyor, to join our team.
Posted on 20 April 2016.
Neil Mason Associates is a firm of Chartered Surveyors specialising in the provision of property services to the commercial sectors. In the past year, the firm has doubled in size and experienced a significant growth in commercial agency instructions. In order to capitalise on this demand and continue to drive the business forward, the firm is now looking to add an Agency Surveyor to its team.
With an enviable network across the East Midlands and Home Counties, Neil Mason Associates has a solid client base and enjoys significant repeat business. We now seek an individual who can lead this business forward and develop new opportunities.
It is essential that this candidate has a proven track record as a successful Agent, dealing with the engagement and processing of quality commercial instructions and has the drive and ambition to generate new instructions and client relationships. Working in an existing team, the Agency Surveyor will work closely with the Directors and the Consultants, benefiting from their experience and continuing support.
The firm views this role as an integral position within the organisation and there will be the opportunity for advancement as the firm moves forward.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ideally you will be MRICS qualified with 2-5 years PQE within the commercial agency sector, although we would consider unqualified agents with experience.
- A proven Agent, you will be able to demonstrate significant experience of acquisitions, disposals and leasing.
- With excellent interpersonal skills, you will have the ability to liaise with existing clients and pitch for new business.
- An eye for detail, you will need to work with the Marketing team to oversee the preparation and delivery of marketing collateral.
- Ambitious, driven and self-motivated, you will have the desire to use this role to drive forward the agency team.
- A knowledge of the local area would be advantageous, but is not essential.
We require a Building Surveyor with at least 3 years PQE and a good range of client contacts to join the practice. The role is varied and a good understanding of Property Management and Development is essential.
While there are a number of large on-going projects that the successful candidate will be involved with, they will be required to use their contacts to build the Building Surveying element of the practice and bring in additional projects and new clients. This role will suit a business minded person comfortable working by themselves and leading small project teams. The candidate will work closely with the Directors and alongside other professional and agency surveyors.
The successful candidate will have proven professional skills in general and, more specifically, in surveys and dilapidations work. They will also have proven project management and contract administration skills from both a development and client representative perspective. Experience in the healthcare sector is highly desirable.
The role is based in our offices just to the north of Northampton and involves travel to clients across the Midlands region and beyond.
- Schedules of Dilapidations
- Schedules of Condition
- Building Surveys
- Planned Preventative Maintenance Surveys
- Party Wall matters
- Project management and client representation
- Defect analysis
- Management of refurbishment projects.
Other areas of experience that would be beneficial include:
- Health and Safety
- Energy Assessment
- CAD skills
Both roles are full time and based at our offices just to the north of Northampton.
For further information please contact Tom Mason / Laura Seago on 01604 799010 or email us your CV and a covering letter.