This GP practice wanted to develop a major primary care facility to serve the rapidly expanding urban population in the south-west of Northampton.
The practice occupied two separate buildings in Northampton but planned to relocate to new purpose-built premises capable of serving 28,000 patients. The new facility (approx 2,000 sq.m.) was built on a strategic mixed use development site and provided a one-stop shop capability including pharmacy, optician and dental services.
Neil Mason Associates worked closely with the client throughout in the following areas:
- land value and site acquisition,
- new building design and layout appraisal,
- technical assistance with design, layout, specification and contract provision,
- technical audits to ensure compliance with Health Technical Memoranda (HTM) and Health Building Notices (HBN),
- agreement of building specifications and complete cost reviews,
- assessments of provider options and reviews to ensure compliance with client requirements,
- ongoing project monitoring and liaison with developer and contractor,
- extensive negotiations with the District Valuer leading to a current market rent interim award under the Doctors Rent and Rates Scheme
- rental valuations for additional services.
Neil Mason Associates also provided valuation and marketing advice for the sale of the practice’s existing premises which became vacant and surplus to requirements when the practice relocated.